Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Got Fired!...and other tales.........

Hi Gang!

I have this hidden counter on my blog & I haven't checked it in a few months. I figure no one even looks at this dumb blog anymore!! But I see that you are all still popping in from time to time. It tells me how many new visitors I have & how many "repeat" visitors I have. So thanks for not giving up on me!!!!!!!!

Yes, it's true.........I got fired from work today. It's been crazy for the last 6 months. New boss, very crazy guy. VERY. He stressed me out so much that my back went out on me. I was out a week, then worked part time for 4 hours, increasing 1 hour per week until I was back up to some 11 hour days even!! I couldn't quit, because there are no jobs & I need unemployment. My boss gave me a "warning" a month ago. LONG story, you won't get it here! But the short story is that I'm thrilled I'm gone now, I will get unemployment & even go & knit again. I do have to be careful about my back, as sitting is very difficult. Between that & the work stress, I haven't been knitting or blogging.

I'm also hoping to get back in some Bible studies & go to the gym again.

A friend of mine gave me her old camera that supposedly takes great digital pictures. As you know I suck with all the pictures I've taken for this blog!! It's been sitting around for about 6 weeks. I will finally have time to sit down & figure it out soon! Still not a priority for me yet though.

Thanks for popping in still. I can't believe you haven't left me!!

Oh.......one more thing........I scrolled down & went to my older posts & saw that pie I made last year (actually I made 2!) & I'm thinking blackberries will be ready for picking in about 3 weeks..........but I still have some in the freezer from last year.............I'm hungry, wish I could have a piece now! I'm a very good cook, you know............. :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Well, it sounds like a "congratulations" is in order :) Hope you're enjoying your time off and are healing well. I'm back at work in the Financial Center and of course miss being with my baby, but it is going well.

Hope all is well for you!