Sunday, July 1, 2007

Unraveling.......frogging........rippit.................

So it turns out that after knitting my heel flap on the Jaywalkers, that it looks like these are way too tight & will NOT work. Last night I frogged the whole thing, I'm back at square 1. Not so happy to say the least. Especially because I haven't had much time to knit at all & it took me 2 weeks to get to that point. SO...............I think I will start the sleeve of my sweater. Just for a little sock break, then I'll go back to the Jaywalkers & will not do a rib (because the rib is so loose) & I will cast on the 76 stitches. I'm off from work until Thursday, but have lots of plans. It's good to play, but I want to knit too!

Bait is set for the rats.........pest control finally came.

The weather is beautiful........I'm off to the dog park. Hey, I've got an idea. I'll take my knitting, then maybe I can hang out under a tree & knit after my dog gets her exercise. I'm all talk & no action/knitting!

4 comments:

k. said...

Rats??? At some point you should see the movie Ratatouille. Those rats are cute!

Anonymous said...

Hello!~ kamakura kara KONNICHIWA.
Knitting no kotowa amari wakannnai kedo channto yonnderukarane. Left hander is not easy to larn knitting!tooo complicated.
Ii houhou shittetara oshiete kudasai.

Unknown said...

sometimes it's easier if you knit the ribbing on a smaller gauge of needle, to get it to fit properly... i know a lot of people have to do that.

i cast on the larger number of stitches, with the normal needle size, and i found that fit better... jaywalkers dont' really have a lot of stretch to them!

Unknown said...

awww thanks for your sweet comment! if you need some help playing around with your blog, just send me an email! pixie at pixieriot dot net. i'll give you as much help as i can, for sure. :-)

i'm out of sock yarn right now, but i'm currently doing a few smaller custom batches, and before the end of the summer i'll be doing a BIG batch and officially opening my etsy store! so there's lots and lots of sock yarn to come.