Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wishful Thinking

I've barely knitted at all this past week. I've learned how to put buttons WITH links added to the sidebar of my blog though! The KnitList group gets me sidetracked constantly. But because of different peoples' ideas I have learned how to do a picot hemmed edge on a sock. Really cool. I wish I read about that before I "re-started" my Jaywalkers. I realized I could have changed the Jaywalker ribbing to a similar ribbing as the Broadripple Socks by purling the knit rows for the first inch. Again too late. I will NOT rip these again!!! I also got sidetracked by reading about "combined" knitting. I just now "wasted" an hour or so on that. But really, all the time I "waste" I am learning new things & it's a lot of fun. I just don't see any knitting progress.

Went to dinner with a neighbor this weekend. Went to my friend's house today to meet her daughter's future fiance (not quite a fiance yet). Actually more playing this past week than I have done in ages. Fun, but no knitting!!

My sloppy neighbors got a rat in a trap & they CLEANED UP their yard!! Their place looks very nice, I hope they keep it that way. I gave them my empty trap, since the rats liked their place more than mine, maybe?? Pest control will come over again tomorrow & tell me more of what I need to do. I get to leave work early to take care of rats. Oh boy, what fun..............NOT!


I was hoping to have taken pictures of the sleeve of my sweater that I started, though I didn't get very far. I was hoping to have taken a picture of my Jaywalker Socks without the ribbing. I was hoping to put a link here about the cute picot hemmed cuff for socks. I was hoping to frog the Broadripple Socks (they look a lot like the Jaywalkers) & start the same guy's pattern for what he calls Rib Tips Socks. I was hoping to completely finish bleaching/de-mossing my deck today (I did half of it yesterday though!).

Yeah, yeah, yeah..........lots of wishful thinking..............

No comments: