Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Picture!!

This is the finished Black Chenille Silk Foulard. The yarn wasn't fun to knit with, & it has a strong smell. It is the dye. As I washed it to block, the black kept running & running. It's really just suppose to be a square. I'm blocking it, but didn't have enough pins to make it straight. That's ok. The other weird thing is that the 2 skeins of yarn were slightly different thicknesses. Can you see the "demarcation" line? I will give you a hint........draw a line from the upper right corner to the lower left corner, you can see one side is "looser" & one side is "tighter". Well, when i wear it tomorrow, no one will notice. The other thing, it sure isn't easy to get a decent picture when it is on a yellow plaid sheet!!!

More news!!!!!!!!! Great news!!!!!!!!!! I got a new job!!! Since I am incognito on this blog, I will keep it that way. But the last 2 weeks have been a roller coaster ride. VERY FUN & EXCITING, in spite of the STRESS!! I gave my 2 weeks notice to my current employer today. My boss was very kind. I'm really looking forward to what's next. A whole new chapter in my life. I don't make New Year's resolutions. I never have. But this year I did. I even made 2. They both have happened. To lose weight....20 pounds so far, 5 to go, but I would like to lose 10..............& to get a new job. Can't believe they both happened. All thanks to the Lord for His intervention, love & mercy!!

3 comments:

k said...

Congrats on the new job!! I am just starting out on my search and I know how challenging it can be. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm watching my scale, too :) 5 pounds is not that far to go!

k. said...

Now that you've finished one, you can start another one, or three...

Sockergirl said...

YIppy on the new job AND the tilli tomas project. Looks square to me!