Thursday, August 2, 2007

Is It Really August??

It was in the mid-80's today, but it cooled down so nicely. All that icky humidity is gone. What a pleasant walk I had. I have a 10 year old friend, Emily, that I sometimes see. I hadn't seen her for over a month. She is so cute. She rides her bike while I walk Lacey.

Finished reading HP last Saturday, a fun break.

I have knitted more of my mindless Silk Chenille Foulard. Foulard must mean shawl.......cuz it's a shawl to me!! If it were done, I could've worn it today. I wore a thin black jacket over a dress today, which was too warm. So I may just concentrate on this, & wait on my Jaywalkers. I'm on the heel of those & am doing the eye of the partridge heel. I think that's what it is called. These socks just don't thrill me at all. Everyone else's Jaywalkers are wonderful though, so it's not fair that I'm not excited about my own!!

I e-mailed the library & asked them to order Ann Budd's new sock book. Getting Started Knitting Socks. They ordered it & have put me as #1 on the waiting list. I wish I could see it quickly, because if I like it, I'd like to order it at Knit Picks for their 40% off on all books sale.

A gal at work today blessed me with a present. She asked me if I liked calendars or books. I looked at her funny, then she walked me out to her car & gave me a choice of either The Knitting Answer Book, or 365 Knitting Stitches a Year Perpetual Calendar I chose the book. Very hard choice though. She's on my list to make her a scarf. There is another gal at work who knits, & she is giving her the calendar. Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, she's pretty smart..........maybe there is a hidden agenda??

Oh, & the rats???? RatMan is coming on Monday. To check his traps & see what's left. Hopefully that's the end of them..........but no one else pitched in, so they may still get in from my neighbors crawl space. They haven't done a thing to close up holes, etc. I'm not hearing any noise in my walls. That's a good thing!

No comments: