Monday, August 6, 2007

Kuishimbo, That's Me!!

Kuishimbo is a Japanese word. It's kind of hard to define, but the jest of it is someone who eats like a pig.

On Saturday I went to the Eastside Knitter's Guild annual summer potluck. Very fun, & I ate too much. I did knit a couple of rows. And I'm actually about to turn the heel on my sock.

On Sunday I went to the International Christian Fellowship potluck with some old friends that used to be in ministry together. That sentence doesn't sound right, but I never was an English major. That's what I always tell my Dad when he tries to correct my English!! Anyway, I told Kathy N. that I would write about how we ate too much at the potluck. I was really disappointed with my Apple Cake. A new recipe. I always make this group be my "test kitchen" for new recipes. I got the recipe from FoodTV.com. It was crummy, & crumby, but they seemed to like it, which is most important. I make desserts without sugar. I use xylitol, or erythritol. That wasn't the problem, it was just very heavy & didn't cook consistently.

So, is your life more exciting than mine???

1 comment:

k. said...

Watakushi ni mo kuishimbo des' !

The cake was yummy. Maybe it was crumbly because of the whole wheat flour. WW flour is going to absorb more liquids than white.