Sunday, June 10, 2007

Finished Ampersand Socks!



Just finished my Ampersand Socks.
I used Socks That Rock (STR) medium weight in the Obsidian color. This yarn is fantastic. I love working with it. It should be that great with how expensive it is. This is the first time I've made socks with 2 circular needles. I also love making socks with this method. So much easier. Well, you've heard of SSS (single sock syndrome)..........I'll tell you about my syndrome. I made the first sock narrower than the pattern called for because I'm a loose knitter & every pair of socks I have made have been too large........but on 2 circulars I knit tighter.........so it turns out I should've just followed the pattern as is. So sock #2 is according to the pattern. I actually thought I would knit sock #3 according to the pattern, so that I would have a TRUE pair, but I've decided not to. They both fit & no one will know......except for all of you reading this!! I do have enough yarn to do a third sock, but I just can't. Too many patterns I want to try, too much stash I want to use, & these still fit, so there you have it. If some day I decide to make a third sock, my leftover yarn will be waiting for me. Next project?? I'm thinking Jaywalker Socks, magic loop method with STR light weight in the Rolling Stone color. I've just done a gauge swatch & I should be able to follow the pattern as is. But I have to figure out how to change it for magic loop. Think I can do it?? I think I can. Now I wonder if these pictures will disappear after a couple of days??? Also I don't know how to put them in any position that would look better.

One thing I couldn't do. I couldn't set the mouse traps. Went to the President's house (I think I'll address him like this so he can feel important!!) & asked him to do it for me. He did, but the poor guy snapped the rat trap on his finger. He says they are rats, not mice. His wife will call the pest control folks this week. I'm sure thankful about that.

Church was good this morning. It was about having faith the size of a mustard seed, from Matthew. A good reminder.

2 comments:

k. said...

Wow!!

Sockergirl said...

わぁ、すごいね。早くなっているのね。もう少し、一週間に一速を作れる。がんばって。
あぁ、トリコテでサールがある、STRは10割です。けど、色がおもしろくないとおもった。でも、Pre-shopをした。G-Rockといういるです。