Monday, June 25, 2007

Private Knitting Lesson


On Saturday I had a private lesson, "How to Design Your Own Sweater". I tried to take it as a class, but nobody signed up for it except me, so they canceled it. The gal agreed to teach me privately. WOW!! She was AMAZING!!! Prompt, prepared, nice, thorough, great communicator. I have absolutely not 1 critical thing to say, not even a constructive criticism!! I brought in my swatch for the lesson. Here is a picture of my swatch. It is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. From Little Knits, of course. Soooo soft. A beautiful green, hard to tell here. I will make a V-neck pullover with a simple cable going up the front & up the raglan sleeves. I told her what I wanted to do. She explained the math to me & the stitches I would need to do the V-neck & raglan sleeves. I've never done either of those before. We spent just over 2 hours together. I asked her how she could do this in a class setting, & she said that she can't go over things individually, but that the class is very general. So, in that case, I'm glad the class was canceled, cuz I learned way more this way!!

I had a very busy weekend with alot of different friends, so I didn't knit much at all. I have just barely started the heel flap on my Jaywalkers. Tonight I have to write out my "mitigation" for a speeding ticket I received a couple months ago. I can't make the court date, so I have to write down "my side" of the story. I feel like I have a term paper due. I want to knit.............but I can't.

I found a hole in a screen in the crawl space, now I see that the rats are truly nesting. I went frantically to the president's house & asked them to PLEASE move more quickly. I think they got my drift!!

NEWS FLASH!!! My dog just barked!! 2 small barks!! That is only about the 10th time (if that many) that I've heard her bark in over 2 years!!! I am almost ready to hire a hit man to get rid of the dog next door who incessantly barks. Maybe the neighbor's dog will be eaten by rats?? They are about the same size!

No comments: