Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Net Market Bag


I finished this project just over a week ago.....I think. (Time is just crazy. It is June 5th already!!) This is made out of recycled silk yarn. I made a scarf out of this for my sister a couple years ago, when I really was a beginning knitter! :) I was with a friend of mine when she had bought a skein of this yarn too. I have been trying to talk her into knitting, but she hasn't made the plunge yet! I knew that she would like this bag, so I asked her if she wanted to give me her skein & that I would give her this bag. She was very happy, which of course made me very happy. This also meant that she didn't have to wait for a project, she got one immediately!! I love giving my knitting away. I've barely kept anything for myself. This Net Market Bag is a free pattern. I belong to 2 Yahoo knitting groups, Knitlist, & Knitting Novices. A bunch of people on the Knitlist group were talking about this pattern, so I ended up doing it. So my socks are still unfinished. Well, tonight I figured out how to insert a picture, & how to link a web page to my post. Not bad for Post #3, eh?? It just started sprinkling, don't tell Lacey, but I'm NOT going to take her for a walk tonight. It's late & I want to at least do a little knitting. No, I didn't start my Jaywalker socks yet. I'm thinking I want to finish my Ampersand socks. Such big decisions. Not only that, but I got the new Knit Picks catalog tonight. Does that mean I will read about knitting & not knit????????

1 comment:

k. said...

Cute! What yarn did you use?
I don't knit well enough to give stuff away. I tried to make a baby bootie. I think the top is too tight (it is where I did the bind-off).
Keep up the good work.